One of the things you want to look for in a good image is how it makes you feel. The colors in an image plays just as big a role as some of the others things that can make an image good.
Kandinsky felt that colors evoked these feelings and states:
- Yellow – warm, exciting, happy
- Blue – deep, peaceful, supernatural
- Green – peace, stillness, nature
- White – harmony, silence, cleanliness
- Black – grief, dark, unknown
- Red – glowing, confidence, alive
- Orange – radiant, healthy, serious
Your image could be color dominant and evoke these feelings when viewed. It’s all about creative intent.